Jayati Ghosh: Jayati Ghosh is a development economist and Professor of Economics at the Centre for Economic Studies and Planning, School of Social Sciences, at the Jawaharlal Nehru University, in New Delhi, India. Her specialities include globalization, international finance, employment patterns in developing countries, macroeconomic policy, and issues related to gender and development.
Katharina Pistor is Professor of Comparative Law at Columbia Law School and Director of the Law School’s Center on Global Legal Transformation. Her research and teaching spans corporate law, corporate governance, money and finance, property rights, comparative law and law and development. She has published widely in legal and interdisciplinary journals and is the author and co-author of several books is the recipient of the Max Planck Research Award (2012).
Danny Quah: Danny Quah is Li Ka Shing Professor in Economics at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore. Quah’s work includes contributions to the fields of economic growth, development economics, monetary economics, macroeconometrics, and the weightless economy.
Andrew Sheng: is a distinguished fellow at Fung Global Institute, chief adviser to the China Banking Regulatory Commission, and a board member of Khazanah Nasional Berhad, the sovereign wealth fund of Malaysia. He also serves as an adviser to the UN Environment Program Inquiry into the Design of a Sustainable Financial System.
Naomi Klein is an award-winning journalist and New York Times bestselling author of No Logo, The Shock Doctrine, This Changes Everything, and No is Not Enough. She is Senior Correspondent for The Intercept, a Puffin Writing Fellow at Type Media Center and is the inaugural Gloria Steinem Chair in Media, Culture and Feminist Studies at Rutgers University.
- Morris Altman - Dean and Head of School, Newcastle Business School
- Stefan Angrick - Senior Economist, Oxford Economics
- Christopher Balding - Associate Professor, Fulbright University Vietnam
- Corrado Di Guilmi - Senior Lecturer, Economics Discipline Group
- Ha Thi Thu Huong - Associate Professor, Singapore University of Social Sciences
- Jianxi Luo - Assistant Professor, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Kelvin Low - Associate Professor of Law, Singapore Management University
- Tomoo Marukawa - Professor, Institute of Social Science, The University of Tokyo
- Sunanda Nair-Bidkar - Director of Strategic Planning, South Asia, Institute for New Economic Thinking.
- Jedidiah Joseph Kroncke - Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Hong Kong
- Vamsi Vakulabharanam - Associate Professor, UMassAmherst
- Bhuvaneswari Raman - Professor and Assistant Director, Centre for the Study of Urban Transformation
- Arjun Jayadev - Senior Economist Associate Professor, Azim Premji University
and many others!
Young Scholar Presentations
Hosted by 17 different YSI Working Groups, 200 young scholars will present papers in the following subject areas: Africa, Complexity, Cooperatives, Development, East Asia, Economic History, Finance, Law and Economics, Financial Stability, Gender and Economics, Inequality, Innovation, Keynesian Economics, South Asia, States and Markets, Sustainability, Urban and Regional Economics, Gender and East Asia, History of Economic Thought
About YSI Regional Convenings
The YSI Regional Convenings provide a platform for young thinkers across the YSI Working Groups to meet, share ideas, and inspire each other. Previous regional convenings took place in Trento (Europe), Buenos Aires (Latin America), Harare (Africa) and Los Angeles (North America). The Asia Convening is the fifth in the series!
About VNU University of Economics and Business
The University of Economics and Business (UEB), a member of the Vietnam National University, Hanoi (VNU). VNU-UEB’s missions are: To provide highly qualified and specialized oriented human resources in policy analysis, economic management and business administration; To develop and transfer research outcomes; To offer an advantageous environment to create, cultivate and develop talents in fields of economic analysis, modern management and business administration.
We look forward to seeing you in Hanoi!