(1) How We Collect Information About You.
We obtain information about you when you use our Website. For example, you may provide us information when you use our Website to become a member, create an account, subscribe to one of our blogs, comment on a post, make a donation, sign up for the Young Scholars Directory, participate in various user-related activities and discussion forums on INET ED., register for an event, or use one of the other services, features or resources on the website. We may also obtain information about you when you apply for a grant from us or manage a grant from us.
(2) What Kinds of Information Do We Collect About You?
“Personal Information” is information that would allow someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, organization, address, phone number and email address. The Personal Information we ask for might include your name, address, country or area of residence, academic affiliation, level of education, student status, field of study, birthdate, gender, phone numbers, fax number, email address, social media online identifiers, tax or banking information, and IP address. If you make a donation, register for an event, or apply for a grant, you may be directed to a third-party website to process that transaction. They may collect additional information necessary to complete that transaction or application.
(3) How We Use Your Information.
- INET uses Personal Information collected about you to provide you with information and services, enable you to participate in features and platforms on the Website, customize our services to individual needs, provide user support, contact you regarding updates about the Website, receive and track donations, register and manage participation in events and conferences, award and administer grants, and to advance INET’s mission.
- In the event you make a donation, seek expense reimbursement, or engage in other financial transactions, you grant us permission to access your credit card information or other financial information to complete your donation or financial transaction. INET will not share, rent, or sell this financial-related information to any third parties without your consent, except that your credit card and other Personal Information will be shared with our credit card processor or other financial intermediary and then only to process the transaction.
- INET may share your Personal Information with its agents, affiliated entities, and partners for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. For example, if we partner with an institution to host an event and you register for that event, we may share your registration information with that institution. INET will not sell, rent, or disclose Personal Information to unaffiliated mass marketers without your express permission. From time to time, INET may send you information from other like-minded organizations whose products or services we think you might find interesting but we do not exchange, trade, rent or give email lists to unaffiliated third parties.
- If law enforcement or judicial authorities require us to provide them with your Personal Information, we must cooperate with the authorities if their request is supported with the necessary legal documentation.
- We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information to protect the rights, property, safety or security of INET, our visitors, our registered users or the public.
(4) Legal Basis for Processing.
Our legal basis for processing your Personal Information for the purposes described above will typically be consent, as you have consented to us using your Personal Information for the purposes discussed here. We may also process your Personal Information to enter into or perform a contract with you, or to comply with a legal obligation to which INET is subject. It is also in our legitimate interest to use your Personal Information to operate and improve our services, measure our impact, and to protect our organization.
(5) Nonpersonal Information.
We may collect nonpersonal information about you when you visit the Website. Nonpersonal information may include browser types, access times, and technical information concerning connection to the Website. We may use this information for internal purposes, for example, to improve the Website, analyze usage patterns, and negotiate with vendors of Internet services. That information does not include your Personal Information.
INET treats security seriously and takes reasonable measures to protect each Website user’s Personal Information. INET is not, however, responsible for any information you share with other users of the Website or other third parties. While we strive to use industry-standard practices to protect your information, INET cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. If you believe there has been any breach of the security of the Website, please contact us.
(7) Your Control of Personal Information.
- You may limit the collection and use of different elements of your Personal Information by not participating in those activities for which we collect Personal Information, as listed above. You may unsubscribe from communications you receive from us, or select the type of information you would like to receive, by following directions included in such communications.
- You may request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you by contacting us at the address below. You may ask us to correct any personal information or delete all information we hold about you by contacting us at the address below.
(8) Submitting Information to Public Areas of Website.
Please be aware that if you decide to disclose Personal Information on an area of the Website accessible to other users, this information may become public. INET does not control the acts of users of the Website, so please be cautious when deciding to reveal Personal Information. Please contact us if you believe a user of the Website is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users.
(10) Privacy Protection for Children.
If you are under the age of 16, please do not use the Website. INET will not knowingly permit persons under the age of 16 to provide information to INET through the Website or otherwise. If INET later learns that a user is under the age of 16, INET will take appropriate steps to remove that
(11) How Long We Hold Data For.
We keep your Personal Information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. These periods vary depending on the nature of the information and your interactions with us.
(12) Links to Other Websites.
(13) Notification of Changes.
(14) Contact Information.
You may contact INET through any of the following ways:
- By Email: https://www/ineteconomics.org/about/contact-us
- By Mail: 300 Park Avenue South, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10010
- By Phone: 646-751-4900