- PhD in Managerial Science and Applied Economics (Accounting), The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 2011
- BS in Economics, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 2001
Current and prior positions
- Associate Professor, Tippie College of Business, The University of Iowa, August 2017 - Present
- Assistant Professor, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, July 2011 - August 2017
- Associate, Investment Banking Division, Goldman Sachs, July 2004 - April 2006
- Analyst, Investment Banking Division, Goldman Sachs, July 2001 - June 2004
- Hail, L., Tahoun, A. & Wang, C. (In Press). Corporate Scandals and Regulation. Journal of Accounting Research.
- Jung, M. J., Naughton, J. P., Tahoun, A., Wang, C. (In Press). Do Firms Strategically Disseminate? Evidence from Corporate Use of Social Media. The Accounting Review.
- Hail, L., Sikes, S. & Wang, C. (2017). Cross-Country Evidence on the Relation between Capital Gains Taxes, Risk, and Expected Return. Journal of Public Economics, 151, 56-73.
- Dewenter, K. L., Schrand, C. M. & Wang, C. (In Press). The Impact of Currency Risk on U.S. MNCs: New Evidence from Returns and Cross-border Investment around Currency Crises.Critical Finance Review.
- Lys, T., Naughton, J. P. & Wang, C. (2015). Signaling through Corporate Accountability Reporting. Journal of Accounting and Economics, 60(1), 56-72.
- Hamm, S. J., Jung, M. J. & Wang, C. (2015). Making Sense of One Dollar CEO Salaries.Contemporary Accounting Research, 32(3), 941-972.
- Wang, C. (2014). Accounting Standards Harmonization and Financial Statement Comparability: Evidence from Transnational Information Transfer. Journal of Accounting Research, 52(4), 955-992.
- Hail, L., Tahoun, A. & Wang, C. (2014). Dividend Payouts and Information Shocks. Journal of Accounting Research, 52(2), 403–456.
- Verrecchia, R., Wang, C. (2011). Some Thoughts on Accounting Research in Japanese Settings. The Japanese Accounting Review, 1, 131-133.