The Summer School consists in a week-long full-time intensive course to teach PhD and young scholars how to implement and best exploit agent-based simulation models in Economics for research purposes. It will provide students with both the technical and methodological skills required to successfully develop and analyze simulation models in a research project, which may be related to their PhD thesis or just to a topic of interest.
The course will alternate lectures and exercises carried out by the students under the supervision of the teaching staff. The course provides guidance on all the steps a researcher needs to follow to design and use an agent-based simulation model. Students will be encouraged to work on their own research project and develop parts of an original simulation model. Participants will learn how to build economic models using the simulation platform Laboratory for Simulation and Development - LSD www.labsimdev.org and https://github.com/marcov64/Lsd
The summer school is addressed to highly motivated graduate and PhD students in Economic related fields as well as researchers and experienced modelers interested in computational social sciences.
- Prof. Marco Valente (University of L’Aquila)
- Dr. Tommaso Ciarli (University of Sussex)
- Prof. João Basilio Pereima (UFPR)
- Prof. Marcelo Pereira (UNICAMP)
- Dr. Francisco Gabardo (UFPR)
- Mr. Danilo Spinola (UNU-MERIT)
Application Procedure Application deadline is 31-October 2018.
Selection of applicants will be made on:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Motivation letter (max 2 pages)
- The model in which the student would be interested in developing (If available) - max 1 page
- Motivation letter for funding purposes, if needed.
Applicants should fill the on-line form and upload relevant material at the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/TeMy6ZMQ1G8ZzlLw2
The summer school on Computational Methods and Agent Based Modelling in Economics is free of charge. The number of participants is restricted to 20.
Travel Assistance for Foreign Students Financial assistance for travel expenses of up to US$ 100,00 (domestic) or US$ 300,00 (international) is available.
Assistance is limited and interested students should apply for it when filling in the above form. Local expenses All students are responsible for local expenses, such as lunches, dinners and accomodations.
Contact Coordination of the Summer school:
- Course Coordinator: Prof. Dr. João Basilio Pereima
Phone +55(041)3360-4397. E-mail: [email protected]
- PPGDE Secretariat Aurea Koch or Andréa Silva
Phone: +55(041)3360-4400, +55(041)3360-4405. E-mail:[email protected]
- Any questions on YSI’s participation please contact Danilo Spinola through the following e-mail [email protected]